Monday, May 2, 2011

"I never let school interfere with my education" - Mark Twain

Problems
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDZFcDGpL4U

Answers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM95HHI4gLk

The links above posit a number of challenges to the modern education system and what I believe to be the greatest fundamental opportunity to resolve those challenges in our lifetime.  If you have kids you will likely get a great deal out of watching the second video.  If you, like myself, enjoy philosophical discussions of models and systems, the first video is magnificent, in its ability to quickly and succinctly define the challenges of the modern education system in a new technological era.

I believe the man in the second video will be one of the most famous and prominent men in the formation of the future of the world.  As silly as that may seem for now, Bill Gates believes this as well, and has put his money behind the Khan Academy project to prove just that.

By the way I am currently taking the Chemistry program.  Why?  Because I took honors chemistry in high school and did not apply myself then.  I though I might make up for that now.

No comments:

Post a Comment