Friday, May 6, 2011

#10 Why get a tattoo?

Each person will have to give their own answer for this, but for me...

1) I want to experience life and this is an aspect that many people enjoy but was foreign to me.
2) There are parts of me I want people to see without having to know me.  I want to wear my heart and soul on my sleeve.
3) I wanted to share the experience with my wife in honor of our anniversary.
4) To be able to say I had done it.

So you may ask...What do I think on the day after?

I want more.  I love it.  I want to write every important event of my life and personality on my body.  They say it is addicting and they are right.  I think it is beautiful and I want to do more.

So what else do I want?

I want a dragon holding a 20-sided die representing my LONG tryst with dungeons & Dragons, fantasy, and role-playing on my other arm.

I want the phrase, "We are a sad majesty," somewhere on my body.  It is my favorite line for one of Anne Rice's vampire novels.

Who knows if I will ever actually do it, but at least I have come this far.  Hooray!

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy we chose to celebrate our anniversary in this non-traditional manner. It was great to share that moment in time with you. And I'm so happy our tattoos turned out so wonderfully!
    Happy Anniversary my love, forever in ink!

    ReplyDelete