Wednesday, April 27, 2011

#1 So let the blogging begin... again....

First of all...this is for me.  From me > To me.  Thank you Scott.  No, thank you.

I am grateful for family and friends reading these postings, if indeed anyone actually does, but it really is a place for me to whisper, scream, and philosophize about all that I experience in my life.  It is here to remind me where I have been and where I am going.  Because I have someone I need to be and I am constantly adapting exactly who that person will eventually become.

So why a blog?  Honestly, I don't know.  Where else to rant incessantly and make it available to others to share?  Facebook's 140 characters seems like it would be a limitation to what I am trying to accomplish.  Twitter...does anyone on twitter actually KNOW me?

So what is it about?  Well, that's in the description below, but to paraphrase, it is about growth: physical, mental, spiritual, social, and interpersonal growth.

Why?  I guess because getting fat and then working my way back toward thin (and sexy) has made me realize that there MIGHT be a few other things I could improve in my life.  Ok, to be honest, sex is getting way better and that made me realize there was value not initially obvious from these new physical changes.  So I naturally wondered, what else can I change. (to make sex better)

And then I realized I could make other stuff better too...

Ready to read more?  I have a lot to share and a WHOLE LOT to learn.  But let's keep these blogs short, because my attention span is short and thus I will keep these short so I can digest them again someday.

P.S.  Life isn't easy.  Being an adult is more responsibility than I afforded it.  Being a parent is way more of a responsibility than I could have imagined.  But the attitude I bring to these things is mine to choose.  I have always believed I could be anything I wanted to be. I simply never chose to be anything but a survivor.  That time is over.

4 comments:

  1. I am interested and waiting to hear more. I think it is awesome what you have done with the weight loss and just wish I could gain the actual physical motivation to get it done. I think I have the mental motivation, just trying to work on the rest.. I think you will find lots of things are better than you probably imagined they could be, not just because of the weight loss, but because of more open idea of exploring new things if that makes sense??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Michelle. It makes a lot of sense. I can't wait to find out what this opens up as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you guys share this to Facebook. Click the share to Facebook button above. I really want to get a lot of people involved to see if this leads anywhere positive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been and continue to be both moved and motivated by your quest to be better at 40. I have always enjoyed this ride that we have been on together for nearly 21 years and it just keeps getting better! Our strides toward weight loss are amazing and self encouraging and I too am loving the unexpected pleasurable benefits! I look forward to where your inner searching will lead me as well. Thank you for offering a path to follow. <3

    ReplyDelete